Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A post and a video from DWSUWF

DWSUWF has a new post on Hagel that's worth a look: "Now is the time for one good man to come to the aid of his party." Here is an excerpt:
Hagel's staff has not asked me, but I have some free advice for them. There are three themes/messages that a "Hagel for President" campaign should focus on and hammer over and over again.
  1. "It's the war, stupid." - Hagel is the only credible anti-war Republican (except for Ron Paul - but the problem with Ron Paul is that he is Ron Paul).
  2. Hagel is The AntiBush - (See above)
  3. Hagel is a real conservative. - Unlike Bush, Cheney, or most of the current crop of Republican candidates.
This video hits on the first two of the three. I know, I know - two themes in one video is one too many. That is why this video is too long at two minutes. Hey - this is strictly amateur hour - you get what you pay for.




Check out the post and the video.

5 comments:

mw said...

Thanks for the link Charlie. Hagel has got to get in this race, get up on the dais, and start ripping a few new ones from those Republican poseurs pretending to be conservatives. I'd like to see him in the mix in time for the September debate.

Anonymous said...

A quote from Mitt Romney, who did NOT serve in uniform, but supports the continuation of Bush's Blunder:

"One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president."

I guess it is okay to send someone else's sons and daughters to do the dying.

Why can't the republican party get behind Sen. Hagel for President. Isn't it about time we once again have a President who didn't cower from military service.

Anonymous said...

Great post, except for the rip on Ron Paul. If Hagel does not run, Ron Paul is the obvious choice.

mw said...

Anon(2),
It really was not intended as a rip. On my blog I've got a link and a badge up for Paul, and suggest people contribute to his campaign. In most ways, my personal politics are more closely aligned with Ron Paul than Hagel. I think his campaign is doing great things, both communicating libertarian principles to a broader audience, and bringing a libertarian leaning constituency into the Republican primaries. He has ignited more passion and idealism in his supporters than any of the declared Republican candidates.

Its just ...

I cannot overlook the fact that there is NFW for Paul to become President. OTOH, I think Hagel is a lock to win the general election, If he can just get past the ragged right to the nomination.

Anonymous said...

Hagel could win the general, and I think that if he mustered real conservatives he could breeze through the primary. My only problem with him now has he become soft during his time in D.C.? He seemed to have made up his mind and his BIG announcment turned into whimpering political speak.
Hagel is a brave man, I just wish he would demonstrate that bravery and lead our country, a country that has been devoid of leadership for a long time.
I agree that there is no way Ron Paul would ever win, but at least he has demonstrated the courage to run.
Come on Chuck, you can't win if you don't get in the game.
Stop listening to those around you. Demonstrate the bravery you are noted for and lead our country out of Iraq and into the future!!!!