Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hagel Candidate Buzz

Hotline On Call has a posting regarding a possible Hagel candidacy that notes a few interesting tidbits.
-- On WH '08: "As to my political future, that will be determined to almost the greatest extent, as it always is the case for any politician, by the people. If I decide to run for president, I will come before the American people, offer who I am, my record, my beliefs, my vision, my leadership, and it’ll be up to the American people to decide whether that fits or not; whether they want me around or not."

-- On an '08 timetable: "I will make a decision here in the next couple of weeks. I have to if I’m going to get in the presidential race."
There is also speculation as to whether or not Chuck Hagel would keep open the option of running as an independent if a Republican run is unsuccessful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How's Haegel? ;-)